Love. Listen/Observe/Read. Act. Repeat.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Setback in Santa's Workshop

I have a bad habit of using old appliances until they catch fire or shock me into unconsciousness.

I've been so determined to keep my mid-century Pfaff sewing machine going that I've nearly set the house on fire twice. The first time, I warned the shopkeeper that I was bringing it in for service because it had nearly caught fire and to please be careful.

When I came to pick it up, he said, "Dang, we nearly set the shop on fire."

Today was the last straw. Tomorrow, I buy a new machine. There is too much to do for Christmas, and I can tell I'm just asking for trouble.

After all the sparks flew this time, Sam came into the office/sewing room/Santa's workshop and said, "What's that burning smell?"

1 comment: