Love. Listen/Observe/Read. Act. Repeat.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Melon Pops

I hauled off a 10-pound watermelon from the farmer's market last week. We ate some straight, the seed-spitting way. We made salad. We made granita. I couldn't find the melon pop recipe. I thought I'd lifted it from epicurious or Martha Stewart websites, but I couldn't re-trace my steps.

I remembered that Sam really liked them and when that happens, I usually write it down. Found it in the recipe box last night.

Cantalope, honeydew, watermelon. Any melon will do.

Melon Pops
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup lime juice (or lemon if you think it goes better with the melon you're using)
1 melon, cut up (about 6 cups of chunks)
Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and boil to make a simple syrup. Cool. Puree half the melon chunks with half the lime juice. Then add the rest of the lime juice, melon and syrup and finish puree. Pour into molds and freeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment